Varies with device
Rated for 3+
Varies with device
4.4 and up
Aug 29, 2023
4.6 / 5.0
Introducing the new Microsoft Edge . It’s time to expect more. More privacy. More control. More productivity. More value. Browse anywhere with one continuous experience from your phone to your computer and other signed-in devices. Microsoft Edge gives you the tools to protect your privacy online with features like tracking prevention, AdBlock Plus, and InPrivate mode. Organize the web in a way that cuts through the clutter, making it easier to find, view, and manage your content on-the-go. With world class compatibility, performance, and new features, the new Microsoft Edge is the only browser you’ll ever need.
The new Microsoft Edge features:
A more personalized browsing experience
- Your favorites, passwords, and other saved data are securely synced across your devices.
Take control of your data
- Coming soon! Tracking prevention blocks trackers from sites you aren’t accessing directly. This is enabled by default, so you don’t have to take any action to start having a more private browsing experience.
- When you use InPrivate tabs, your browsing data (like cookies, history, autofill information, or temporary files) isn't saved on your device after you close all your InPrivate tabs.
- AdBlock Plus helps block unwanted ads.
- Turn on ad blocking by visiting Settings > Content blockers.
- Earn rewards while you search with Bing and find shopping deals online and in nearby stores.*
- Redesigned navigation helps you get to your Favorites, Reading list, and more in fewer taps.
* This shopping feature currently is only available in the United States.
- Thanks for using Microsoft Edge! Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Tap on any word to trigger a contextual search and get results without leaving the page.
- Choose to sync your favorites, passwords and other data with the new Microsoft Edge or Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- Customize the layout of a new tab page.
- Tracking prevention: Select a Basic, Balanced, or Strict amount of blocking.
- We’ve also made some general bug fixes and performance improvements.